This large catered chalet is situated just 50 metres from the Fornet cable car which provides quick access to the vast Espace Killy ski domain.
The interior uses traditional wood and stone materials but has been completed in a contemporary style having been constructed in 2007. The spacious living room has a large floor to ceiling sliding doors that give access to the large balcony with fantastic views out over resort. This is a great spot to enjoy an apres ski drink overlooking the pistes.
The stone fireplace in the lounge is perfect for creating a cosy alpine atmosphere during the winter months. Here you can curl up on the comfortable squishy sofas and rest weary limbs at the end of the day.
There is also a hot-tub on the balcony which has recently been added to the chalet. It is the perfect place to unwind after a full day on the mountain.
The chalet also features a ski room with boot warmers so those that are keen to get out onto the slopes will easily be able to slip on warm, soft ski boots instead of struggling with tight cold ones.
The chalet can sleep up to 26 people in 11 rooms which are configured as follows:
- Room 1: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Room 2: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Room 3: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Room 4: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Room 5: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC and balcony
- Room 6: Twin/double room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Rooms 7 and 8: A quad room with a double room and separate adjoining bunk room with en-suite shared shower/bathroom with WC and balcony. These rooms must be taken as one unit for 4 people as the shared shower-room is accessed via the double bedroom.
- Room 9: Twin/double/triple room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC
- Room 10: Twin/double/triple room with en-suite shower/bathroom with WC and balcony
- Room 11: Triple/quad family room. Very large master bedroom with double bed and extra single bed under the eaves with possibility to add a further bed to become a quad room. Balcony, large en-suite shower/bathroom with WC. Perfect for families.
Let on a catered basis the chalet service is their premium menu featuring a hearty breakfast each day with pastries and hot options, sumptuous home-made cakes for afternoon tea and a delicious five-course evening meal, including canapés, cheese board, fresh coffee and chocolates accompanied by quality French bottled wine, six nights per week. In addition there are extra touches such as canapés and welcome drinks during the week.
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare, when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Val d'Isere from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
Lifts & Passes
You can book all your lift passes through the chalet company and they will be delivered to your accommodation on arrival in resort so you can avoid those long ticket office queues.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Val d'Isere, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are a complete beginner, want to brush up on your technique or organise lesson for the kids, this chalet company can take care of all your ski and snowboard lesson requirements through their partner companies.
Also see: Ski Schools in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
- "Super Chalet directly opposite the Fornet cable car - couldn't be easier. Fornet's a quaint little village and views of the mtn are breathtaking. Super easy bus transport to Val every 5 minutes or so and great restaurant in the village itself. Steve Louise Bryony & gemma made us feel v welcome and food was excellent. Romos were warm and comfortable good ski room & bike provision. Can't wait to get back - this week in fact. Snow always fab as the resort is above 2000m. All in all highly recommended. Get on the phone...." - Trip Advisor
- "We were looking for a well placed chalet for our family skiing holiday in a peaceful location. Chalet Amelie ticked all the boxes, plus it's 50m from the Fornet cable car. The comfortable rooms offered great views of the mountains and the ski school for our kids was only a short bus ride away each morning, super convenient. After a full day we always returned to a fantastic meal with wine. The quality of food and service was beyond what we expected. We've paid a lot more on previous holidays and not matched the quality of this Chalet. Kids loved it, we loved it, we'll be back." - Trip Advisor
- "We Stayed in Amelie in March 2015. Had a wonderful week. The staff Steve & Louise where the perfect hosts from start to finish ,very professional and talented, The chalet was cleaned to the highest of standards daily, very comfortable with delicious food and wine throughout the week. chalet Amelia has a great location , very close to the ski lift. Will defiantly be booking again next season . Highly recommend!!" - Trip Advisor
Le Fornet village is full of delightful chic chalets that are built in the traditional savoyard wood and stone style giving a classic old mountain feel to the village. This beautiful village is located only 5 kilometres outside of Val d'Isere centre and although it is extremely picturesque it still remains much less busy and dense then the Val d'Isere resort centre as it lies outside of the main town.
There are a few lovely traditional Savoyard and gourmet style restaurants in Le Fornet and although there are not many of them in this small village the few that stand have an excellent reputation for delicious food and great service.
Also see: Restaurants in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter Le Fornet provides the perfect place for a quiet mountain stay. With its own fanstastic ski area that connects to the whole of the Espace Killy, you can enjoy fabulous skiing as well as some of the best off piste skiing that Val d'Isere has to offer. The peaceful and calm feel of Le Fornet means it is perfect for a chalet holiday with friends and family. The regular bus service into the centre of Val d'isere takes only 10 minutes, meaning you can be on the high street browising the shops, exploring the bars or dining at one of the many delicious central restaurants in no time. The bus service also gives access to the Solaise, Bellevarde and La Daille ski areas. The summer in Le Fornet is much quieter with the splendid mountains turning from white to green the little village is just as beautiful and with the (usually) sunny weather there is lots to explore and plenty of summer activities to do. Le Fornet marks the start of the Col d'Iseran in the summer which makes it way winding up the mountain hillside with spectacular views, in contrast, in the winter it is snow covered and skiable. There is also some summer skiing in Le Fornet with the high glacier providing snow throughout the year, however, the skiing here is sometimes closed so alternatively you can hop in the car and in a short drive over to Tignes ski the glacier there.
Also see: Things To Do in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
The Fornet gondola operates in summer and winter and links to the Vallon bubble which in turn gives you access to the glacier.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Also see: Bars in Val d'Isere - Le Fornet, France
Location: Val d'Isere - Le Fornet
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 20+
Bedrooms: 10+ bedroom
Bookings For: Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping | Linen Provided
Access: Children welcome | Family rooms
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room
Entertainment: DVD Player | Music system | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Prices & Availability