A welcoming chalet in the heart of Val D'Isère, just moments from the centre.
The Chalet Le Fjord is a long established favourite in the centre of Val d'Isère, and just a short 4-5min walk to the ski slopes. Chalet Fjord is a basic but comfortable chalet-hotel with a brightly decorated interior, and newly revamped lounge.
Expect many comfortable en-suite bedrooms, and most come with a balcony and sunny-aspect mountain views. Downstairs the chalet has a bright and pleasant dining room which is simply furnished but very cosy and provides a great atmosphere in the evenings.
The recently revamped lounge offers comfy seating, Satellite TV, DVD, free Wi-Fi and board games. The Fjord also benefits from a sauna to help ease those tired ski legs after a day on the mountain!
The chalet sleeps 42 people in 21 en-suite twin/double bedrooms.
Included in your half board package is the following:
- Continental Breakfast (7 days) with hot options 6 days
- Afternoon tea, coffee & hot chocolate with freshly baked cakes
- Three course Dinners & Wine (unlimited until dessert) (6 nights)
- Special celebration menus at Christmas & New Year
Also see: Catering & Private Chefs in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
Families & Kids
The company can assist you with booking childcare when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Val d'Isere from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. In addition, during the winter season, many of the ski-schools operate creche services. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
It is possible to book this accommodation with or without UK flights.
All your equipment hire can be organised through the agents. Let their representatives take care of all the details on your behalf so you can have a stress free holiday.
Also see: Ski Hire in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
Instructors & Lessons
Whether you are looking for a private lesson for yourself or ski school for the kids, the chalet company are able to take care of all your lesson requirements as part of their service.
Also see: Ski Schools in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
- The Chalet Fjord is a well located [Apline Elements] hotel on the Avenue Olympique, the main road through Val d'Isere and sits just at the beginning of the bars, shops and ski hire. A short walk of about 10 minutes brings you to the ski lifts and cable cars. Everything you need is within touching distance- just across and up the road 100m is a great bar and good ski hire shop. Our reception at the Chalet Fjord was welcoming and our twin room very acceptable, clean, roomy and with a balcony overlooking the road and mountainside beyond - lovely. The staff were friendly and efficient, with a willingness to help with anything asked of them. The food was well presented, tasty and there was plenty of wine available each evening. It was a nice surprise to have a 'full English' on two mornings with other various hot breakfasts and others.; we enjoyed these along with the usual 'continental' breakfast items available. We made use of the sauna most evenings before dinner which helped alleviate any aches and pains;it is simple to use and can be turned on by yourself when staff have their evening off. As an Alpine Elements ski holiday ours was well organised and coordinated with excellent transfers, support and consideration throughout. It also, and most importantly, represented excellent value for money in such a top resort! Trip Advisor
- I throughly enjoyed this holiday. Thanks for the hard working holiday makers and Alpine Elements. It's a good value for money option. Special thanks to Aimee and gals who are actively help me to find a bath last minute and lend out the plug converters. Trip Advisor
- Booked stay at short notice, but could not have asked for better service, food and attitude from the team. I would like to thank Libby, Esme, Ryan, ash and Aimee for the fabulous holiday they have given us! Many thanks to the fjord team! Trip Advisor
Val d'Isere centre is an array of lovely shops, restaurants, chalets, hotels and apartments. With beautiful views of the surrounding mountains this bustling village centre is nestled into the valley. Classic chalet style hotels and buildings constructed with stone and wood give the centre of Val d'Isere a traditional and warm feel. The centre of Val d'Isere is where the heart of the resort lies and with the beautiful high street, lovely buildings and magnificent surrounding mountains it is easy to see why it remains a popular destination for many.
With an eclectic mix of restaurants to choose from in the centre of Val d'Isere there will be something to suit everyone's taste buds. Local French restaurants can be found dotted around the high street along with sushi restaurants, Italian restaurants and the more traditional Savoyard restaurants.
Also see: Restaurants in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter the centre of Val d'Isere is a buzzing and vibrant place to be. Boutique, designer and sports shops line the high street, restaurants and bars welcome guests from the cold outside and intricate ice sculptures can often be seen dotted around the pavements. With the regular bus services to and from the Rond Point giving access to both the Solaise and Bellevarde ski area, to La Daille and to Le Fornet you can hop on the bus and be at a ski area within minutes.
The summer welcomes beautiful sunshine, green trees and plenty to do. Mountain biking is a popular activity in the summer time with lift access from Val d'Isere to Tignes you can explore the various trails and routes the mountain has to offer. There are also several walking and hiking routes that you can do giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and their breathtaking scenery. Plenty of summer activities can be enjoyed that are perfect for families and groups; you can even jump in the car and in just a short drive over to Tignes indulge in a spot of summer skiing on the Glacier. The centre of Val d'Isere is much quieter in the summer but it still has a lot to offer. The sports centre is open all year round so there is access to the swimming pool and gym, as well as some of the sports shops and restaurants on the high street opening their doors.
Also see: Things To Do in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
The centre of Val d'Isere has easy access to the Solaise and Olympique lifts which take you respectively towards the Pissaillas glacier or towards the linked ski area of Tignes - forming the huge Espace Killy ski area.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Also see: Bars in Val d'Isere - Centre, France
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Traditional
Sleeps: Sleeps 20+
Bedrooms: 10+ bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Lift Passes | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Dinner | Drinks Included
Transport: Private + Shared Transfers
Cleaning: Daily housekeeping
Access: Children welcome
Entertainment: Free WiFi | TV
Spa & Fitness: Sauna
View: Mountain view | Lake view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter