This chalet is a beautiful winter haven of elegance and comfort and boast ski in and ski out access as well as a chauffeur driven service between 08:00 - 02:00.
Sumptuous furnishings and exquisite finishing touches make it the last word in luxury. Travetino marble steps, warm Italian tiles and 200-year-old reclaimed wood add character and charm, as does the roaring log fireplace.
On the private terrace is a hot tub, the perfect place to relax with a glass of champagne and watch the sun go down.
With extraordinary views over the valley, breath-taking surroundings and an understated elegance pervasive throughout the chalet you would be hard pushed to find a more luxurious Alpine chalet. Just some of the modern conveniences included are flat screen satellite TV, DVD player, WiFi access, iPod docking station with iPod and ski room with boot warmers.
The chalet sleeps up to 10 in five en-suite bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1 (Annapurna): Double/twin room with plasma screen satellite TV, en-suite shower room with walk-in jet shower/steam room and direct access onto the terrace
- Bedroom 2 (Chomolunga): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room with walk-in jet shower/steam room and direct access to the terrace
- Bedroom 3 (Makalu): Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, private dressing room and direct access to the terrace
- Bedroom 4 (Sassiere): Double room with en-suite shower room and plasma screen satellite TV
- Bedroom 5 (Olympus): Master double room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Pre-arrival and in-resort concierge
- 7 nights accommodation
- Tea and coffee served in bed
- Cooked breakfast
- Afternoon tea
- Champagne and canapé receptions
- Gourmet evening meals (6 nights per week)
- Pre-arrival menu consultations
- In-resort chauffeur service from 08:00 - 02:00
- Carefully selected house wines
- Open bar including spirits and beers
- Scottish Fine Soaps bathroom products
This chalet is let on a catered basis and you can expect an exceptional experience. Services provided include tea or coffee in bed, breakfast cooked to order and afternoon tea daily, daily champagne receptions and canapés, open bar including spirits, fresh flowers and daily international newspapers and a 4-course evening meal (6 nights per week).
Find My Chef
Families & Kids
The chalet includes sledges, high chairs, cots, DVD’s and games meaning there is no need to travel with bulky child equipment. Their concierge team are also able to make childcare arrangements on your behalf so you can enjoy some time to yourselves.
Book My Childcare
You can book your airport transfers through the chalet company's concierge service and they will make all the arrangements on your behalf.
Book My Transfers
You can book all your ski and snowboard hire through the chalet company's concierge service. They can also arrange for an in-house chalet fitting service where a specialist ski and boot fitter will bring your equipment to the chalet on arrival.
Book My Ski Hire
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Val d'Isere, France
Instructors & Lessons
You can book ski and snowboard lessons for your children through the chalet's concierge service. One to one tuition, group lessons and technical classes are all available to book for children from aged 3 and upwards
Book My Ski School
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Book My Guide/Tour
With the in resort 4x4 chauffeur service from 08:00 to 02:00 you won't need to worry about the free local shuttles that are provided in the resort. You'll be able to have your pick of the lift stations in the morning, or simply ski straight from your door.
- "I don't care if you travel 1st class around the world ALL the time. You will be totally awe inspired by the whole exquisite experience whilst it still has a relaxed homely atmosphere. We stayed at Killamanjaro chalet with its hot tub and sauna bathed in sun looking over Val D'isere Olympic run. For Sarah and her team nothing was too much trouble. Don't go if you wish to loose weight-Jose the chef should be awarded 3 Michelin stars. The down side - eventually you have to go home." - Trip Advisor
- "It definitely doesn’t take an expert to see that Le Chardon Mountain Lodges are the best chalets in town… They nestle on the side of the Solaise in their own bubble of five-star elegance." - Lusso Magazine
- "The food is amazing – scrumptious 5 course dinners each evening along with breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea which is also included during your stay. Each lodge has breathtaking views overlooking the valleys which are all completely covered in snow! They also have the option of a ski in / ski out right from your lodge… perfect!" - aluxurytravelblog.com
- "We stayed in this chalet towards the end of the season and wow what a chalet!! Extremely comfortable, great views of the mountains, south facing balcony/terrace where we spent many afternoon sipping champagne. The staff really cannot do enough for you, especially chalet manager Tino who always seemed to go that extra step for you (we left a jacket there and he kindly arranged for it to be posted back to us). The food is like nothing we've ever had in a ski chalet before, more like a Michelin star restaurant. We have also stayed at The Lodge in Verbier and I can honestly say the food here was better, hats off to Jose. The team of drivers make moving around the resort very easy and were very welcome at the end of a hard days skiing with a group of tired children. If we go back to val d'isere, which I hope we will, we would definitely look to go back to this group of chalets." - Trip Advisor
Val d'Isere centre is an array of lovely shops, restaurants, chalets, hotels and apartments. With beautiful views of the surrounding mountains this bustling village centre is nestled into the valley. Classic chalet style hotels and buildings constructed with stone and wood give the centre of Val d'isere a traditional and warm feel. The centre of Val d'Isere is where the heart of the resort lies and with the beautiful high street, lovely buildings and magnificent surrounding mountains it is easy to see why it remains a popular destination for many.
With an eclectic mix of restaurants to choose from in the centre of Val d'Isere there will be something to suit everyone's taste buds. Local French restaurants can be found dotted around the high street along with sushi restaurants, Italian restaurants and the more traditional Savoyard restaurants.
Book My Restaurant
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter the centre of Val d'Isere is a buzzing and vibrant place to be. Boutique, designer and sports shops line the high street, restaurants and bars welcome guests from the cold outside and intricate ice sculptures can often be seen dotted around the pavements. With the regular bus services to and from the Rond Point giving access to both the Solaise and Bellevarde ski area, to La Daille and to Le Fornet you can hop on the bus and be at a ski area within minutes.
The summer welcomes beautiful sunshine, green trees and plenty to do. Mountain biking is a popular acitivity in the summer time with lift access from Val d'Isere to Tignes you can explore the various trails and routes the mountain has to offer. There are also several walking and hiking routes that you can do giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and their breathtaking secenery. Plenty of summer activities can be enjoyed that are perfect for families and groups; you can even jump in the car and in just a short drive over to Tignes indulge in a spot of summer skiing on the Glacier. The centre of Val d'Isere is much quieter in the summer but it still has a lot to offer. The sports centre is open all year round so there is access to the swimming pool and gym, as well as some of the sports shops and restaurants on the high street opening their doors.
Book My Things To Do
The centre of Val d'Isere has easy access to the Solaise and Olympique lifts which take you respectively towards the Pissaillas glacier or towards the linked ski area of Tignes - forming the huge Espace Killy ski area.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Find My Bar
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Chic | Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 10
Bedrooms: 5 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Concierge | Massage / Beauty Treatments | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Private Chef
Transport: Chauffeur / Driver
Access: Children welcome | Ski to door
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: CD player | Cinema room | Computer | Drinks bar | DVD Player | Games available | iPod Dock | Nintendo / Wii | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Rue De La Legettaz | Val d'Isere - Centre | 73150