This chic spacious chalet is situated in a tranquil location a short 5-minute drive in your chauffeur driven car from the centre of resort and has ski in and ski out access.
It is the perfect holiday haven for those that want to spend as much time on the mountain as possible.
The chalet gets its name from the 17th century shepherd's hut, besides which it is built. The traditional building materials of wood and stone blend in perfectly with its surroundings.
Centuries of Alpine living have imbued the chalet with charm and character, while modern facilities lend it a feeling of luxury.
The open plan lounge is spacious with a vaulted ceiling and an open log fire. There is a warm and cosy ambience, which is complimented by the rich colours and textures of the beautiful furnishings. Floor to ceiling windows showcase stunning views of the mountains, or why not venture out onto the terrace and watch the sunset from the bubbles of the secluded outdoor hot tub?
The excellent facilities include a private massage room where you can put yourself in the hands of a trained physiotherapist and a state of the art cinema room complete with a Nintendo Wii.
The chalet sleeps up to 13 in seven bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1 (Cotswold): Double room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 2 (Mouflon): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room with a large walk-in shower
- Bedroom 3 (Merino): Single room ideal for a young child, shares an en-suite shower room with Mouflon via an interconnecting door
- Bedroom 4 (Suffolk): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room with walk-in jet shower/steam room
- Bedroom 5 (Chamois): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 6 (Jacob): Double/twin room with private shower room situated directly across the hallway
- Bedroom 7 (Kashmir): Master double room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower and private outside terrace.
- Pre-arrival and in-resort concierge
- 7 nights accommodation
- Tea and coffee served in bed
- Cooked breakfast
- Afternoon tea
- Champagne and canapé receptions
- Gourmet evening meals (6 nights per week)
- Pre-arrival menu consultations
- In-resort chauffeur service from 08:00 - 02:00
- Carefully selected house wines
- Open bar including spirits and beers
- Scottish Fine Soaps bathroom products
This chalet is let on a catered basis and you can expect an exceptional experience. Services provided include tea or coffee in bed, breakfast cooked to order and afternoon tea daily, daily champagne receptions and canapés, open bar including spirits, fresh flowers and daily international newspapers and a 4-course evening meal (6 nights per week).
Find My Chef
Families & Kids
The chalet includes sledges, high chairs, cots, DVD’s and games meaning there is no need to travel with bulky child equipment. Their concierge team are also able to make childcare arrangements on your behalf so you can enjoy some time to yourselves.
Book My Childcare
You can book your airport transfers through the chalet company's concierge service and they will make all the arrangements on your behalf.
Book My Transfers
You can book all your ski and snowboard hire through the chalet company's concierge service. They can also arrange for an in-house chalet fitting service where a specialist ski and boot fitter will bring your equipment to the chalet on arrival.
Book My Ski Hire
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Val d'Isere, France
Instructors & Lessons
You can book ski and snowboard lessons for your children through the chalet's concierge service. One to one tuition, group lessons and technical classes are all available to book for children from aged 3 and upwards
Book My Ski School
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Book My Guide/Tour
With the in resort 4x4 chauffeur service from 08:00 to 02:00 you won't need to worry about the free local shuttles that are provided in the resort. You'll be able to have your pick of the lift stations in the morning, or simply ski straight from your door.
- "4th time at Le Chardon for early season skiing. The guys did it again, you keep thinking they cannot improve the service, but there is always something new. The food was exquisite, the service amazing and the staff were eager to please." - Trip Advisor
- "Stayed here for a week towards the end of the season. One of the best places I've stayed. The staff were amazing - especially Juliet and Archie. The food was fantastic. Great location as it is so peaceful but the cars will take/pick you up from certain areas. Would definitely go back." - Trip Advisor
- "Nothing is too much of a problem with attention to detail all the way. Food excellent and able to cope with demanding last minute requests. Drivers fantastic as were the chalet staff. Outside bar and fire pit always a good source of conversation." - Trip Adivisor
- "An intimate retreat - with the log fire and panoramic views to the mountains - and don't forget the temptation of the hot tub on the terrace. Arriving back at the Chalet after a day on slopes, this is a highlight in itself. Fully equipped with everything you could want - from the large dressing gowns and slippers to help you brave the 5 second dash to the warmth of the hot tub - getting out requires bravery, however after a few glasses of Champagne - delivered to you in the tub by the chalet hosts - its all part of the fun... A luxurious, cosy and thoroughly charming Chalet that is a pleasure to come home to." - Hotique
- "I was fortunate enough to be placed in this newly re-modelled chalet in the Cashmir room. Pure luxury! Chalet manager Kelly and Louisa were always on hand to open the hot tub, server up tea, wine or champagne, breakfast, and pretty much whatever else we needed. If you want a true 5 star experience, treat yourself to a stay here." - Trip Advisor
Val d'Isere centre is an array of lovely shops, restaurants, chalets, hotels and apartments. With beautiful views of the surrounding mountains this bustling village centre is nestled into the valley. Classic chalet style hotels and buildings constructed with stone and wood give the centre of Val d'isere a traditional and warm feel. The centre of Val d'Isere is where the heart of the resort lies and with the beautiful high street, lovely buildings and magnificent surrounding mountains it is easy to see why it remains a popular destination for many.
With an eclectic mix of restaurants to choose from in the centre of Val d'Isere there will be something to suit everyone's taste buds. Local French restaurants can be found dotted around the high street along with sushi restaurants, Italian restaurants and the more traditional Savoyard restaurants.
Book My Restaurant
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter the centre of Val d'Isere is a buzzing and vibrant place to be. Boutique, designer and sports shops line the high street, restaurants and bars welcome guests from the cold outside and intricate ice sculptures can often be seen dotted around the pavements. With the regular bus services to and from the Rond Point giving access to both the Solaise and Bellevarde ski area, to La Daille and to Le Fornet you can hop on the bus and be at a ski area within minutes.
The summer welcomes beautiful sunshine, green trees and plenty to do. Mountain biking is a popular acitivity in the summer time with lift access from Val d'Isere to Tignes you can explore the various trails and routes the mountain has to offer. There are also several walking and hiking routes that you can do giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and their breathtaking secenery. Plenty of summer activities can be enjoyed that are perfect for families and groups; you can even jump in the car and in just a short drive over to Tignes indulge in a spot of summer skiing on the Glacier. The centre of Val d'Isere is much quieter in the summer but it still has a lot to offer. The sports centre is open all year round so there is access to the swimming pool and gym, as well as some of the sports shops and restaurants on the high street opening their doors.
Book My Things To Do
The centre of Val d'Isere has easy access to the Solaise and Olympique lifts which take you respectively towards the Pissaillas glacier or towards the linked ski area of Tignes - forming the huge Espace Killy ski area.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Find My Bar
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Chic | Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 13
Bedrooms: 7 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Concierge | Massage / Beauty Treatments | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Private Chef | Dinner
Transport: Chauffeur / Driver
Access: Children welcome | Ski to door
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room | Wood-burning stove
Entertainment: Cinema room | Computer | DVD Player | Games available | iPod Dock | Music system | Nintendo / Wii | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Massage / Relaxation
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Rue De La Legettaz | Val d'Isere - Centre | 73150