This chalet is the epitome of luxury and style, effortlessly blending traditional features with modern comforts. It is situated in a peaceful ski in and ski out location, just a 5-minute drive from the centre of resort, via your chauffeur driven car.
Beautiful furnishings and warm fabrics create a cosy ambience that is enhanced by the log fireplace in the lounge.
The chalet is just next door to Chalet Mistral, in an exclusive private hamlet above Val d'Isere. Stunning uninterrupted views of the Manchet Valley can be enjoyed from one of the large balconies or the terrace with outdoor hot tub. The chalet boasts ski in and ski out access meaning guests can easily maximise their time on the mountain.
So you can truly unwind and revive yourself whilst on holiday, the chalet includes a sauna, wellness area and two outdoor tubs. Other features to keep guests entertained include a home cinema system, satellite TV, DVD player, WiFi access and iPod docking station with iPod. There is also a ski boot room with boot warmers so you'll never have to struggle with cold footwear in the morning.
The chalet can accommodate 12 guests in six bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1 (Perro Fino): Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 2 (Tamarindo): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room with a large walk-in shower.
- Bedroom 3 (Taranaki): Master double/twin room with en-suite shower room with walk-in shower and direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 4 (Cloudbreak): Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bedroom 5 (Mundaka): Master double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower and direct access onto the terrace
- Bedroom 6 (Belharra): Master double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower and direct access onto the terrace
- Pre-arrival and in-resort concierge
- 7 nights accommodation
- Tea and coffee served in bed
- Cooked breakfast
- Afternoon tea
- Champagne and canapé receptions
- Gourmet evening meals (6 nights per week)
- Pre-arrival menu consultations
- In-resort chauffeur service from 08:00 - 02:00
- Carefully selected house wines
- Open bar including spirits and beers
- Scottish Fine Soaps bathroom products
This chalet is let on a catered basis and you can expect an exceptional experience. Services provided include tea or coffee in bed, breakfast cooked to order and afternoon tea daily, daily champagne receptions and canapés, open bar including spirits, fresh flowers and daily international newspapers and a 4-course evening meal (6 nights per week).
Find My Chef
Families & Kids
The chalet includes sledges, high chairs, cots, DVD’s and games meaning there is no need to travel with bulky child equipment. Their concierge team are also able to make childcare arrangements on your behalf so you can enjoy some time to yourselves.
Book My Childcare
You can book your airport transfers through the chalet company's concierge service and they will make all the arrangements on your behalf.
Book My Transfers
You can book all your ski and snowboard hire through the chalet company's concierge service. They can also arrange for an in-house chalet fitting service where a specialist ski and boot fitter will bring your equipment to the chalet on arrival.
Book My Ski Hire
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Val d'Isere, France
Instructors & Lessons
You can book ski and snowboard lessons for your children through the chalet's concierge service. One to one tuition, group lessons and technical classes are all available to book for children from aged 3 and upwards
Book My Ski School
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Book My Guide/Tour
With the in resort 4x4 chauffeur service from 08:00 to 02:00 you won't need to worry about the free local shuttles that are provided in the resort. You'll be able to have your pick of the lift stations in the morning, or simply ski straight from your door.
- "Spent the opening week of the ski season here in the Lafitenia chalet. It really was an upmarket experience with excellent accommodation and superb service. The chalet itself is on the perimeter of Val d'Isere but has good lift access and virtually ski in. But that shouldn't bother you as the navette/transport offered by the chalet serves the whole resort on call. The catering was top quality with the chef Paul open to suggestions and serving a range of well-balanced meals across the 4 days we were there. Overall I can only say that it was a 5-star experience." - Trip Advisor
- "I have just returned from a fantastic ski trip in Val D'Isere - I stayed in Lafitenia chalet and it was just superb. We were made so welcome from the moment we arrived. Jane, our chalet manager and her team were great - nothing was too much trouble. We had amazing food, wine and skiing. Thank you to all the staff that made it such a memorable trip - I hope to be back soon!" - Trip Advisor
- "Absolutely traditional chalet chic – hugely cosy old stone and wood building, stuffed with gorgeous scarlet and grass green tweedy/tartan sofas and throws and wooden mountain and farming paraphernalia. Big fireplace, fabulous views from the living space – just perfect." - Chicchaletguide.co.uk
- "Lafitenia was the second of the Le Chardon Mountain lodges to be built and like the next door Chalet Mistral has an original and quirky feel. Lafitenia is an intimate and cosy retreat with a beautiful log fire and panoramic views to the mountains." - Hotique.com
- "We left this chalet yesterday morning and still have not come back down to earth. In fact, we are planning our next trip (though my husband is currently unaware of this). Lewis took care of everything before the holiday, including finding transport from Avoriaz to Val D'Isere! He was so helpful that our expectations of the experience were heightened; we were not disappointed! Jane, our chalet manager, is extremely well organised and her 'can-do' attitude and cheerful disposition is shared by Lucy and other members of the team; we cannot praise them enough. Chris, in his gentle and friendly manner, does an excellent job managing the Chauffeur Service for the 5 chalets. Everything runs like clockwork! This is a tightly-run ship, and all this is achieved in the must affable way possible. It is obvious that the owners/Directors take great pride in their Company and this is reflected in their fantastic customer reviews and Industry Awards." - Trip Advisor
Val d'Isere centre is an array of lovely shops, restaurants, chalets, hotels and apartments. With beautiful views of the surrounding mountains this bustling village centre is nestled into the valley. Classic chalet style hotels and buildings constructed with stone and wood give the centre of Val d'isere a traditional and warm feel. The centre of Val d'Isere is where the heart of the resort lies and with the beautiful high street, lovely buildings and magnificent surrounding mountains it is easy to see why it remains a popular destination for many.
With an eclectic mix of restaurants to choose from in the centre of Val d'Isere there will be something to suit everyone's taste buds. Local French restaurants can be found dotted around the high street along with sushi restaurants, Italian restaurants and the more traditional Savoyard restaurants.
Book My Restaurant
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter the centre of Val d'Isere is a buzzing and vibrant place to be. Boutique, designer and sports shops line the high street, restaurants and bars welcome guests from the cold outside and intricate ice sculptures can often be seen dotted around the pavements. With the regular bus services to and from the Rond Point giving access to both the Solaise and Bellevarde ski area, to La Daille and to Le Fornet you can hop on the bus and be at a ski area within minutes.
The summer welcomes beautiful sunshine, green trees and plenty to do. Mountain biking is a popular acitivity in the summer time with lift access from Val d'Isere to Tignes you can explore the various trails and routes the mountain has to offer. There are also several walking and hiking routes that you can do giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and their breathtaking secenery. Plenty of summer activities can be enjoyed that are perfect for families and groups; you can even jump in the car and in just a short drive over to Tignes indulge in a spot of summer skiing on the Glacier. The centre of Val d'Isere is much quieter in the summer but it still has a lot to offer. The sports centre is open all year round so there is access to the swimming pool and gym, as well as some of the sports shops and restaurants on the high street opening their doors.
Book My Things To Do
The centre of Val d'Isere has easy access to the Solaise and Olympique lifts which take you respectively towards the Pissaillas glacier or towards the linked ski area of Tignes - forming the huge Espace Killy ski area.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Find My Bar
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Chic | Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 12
Bedrooms: 6 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Concierge | Lift Passes | Massage / Beauty Treatments | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Private Chef | Dinner
Transport: Chauffeur / Driver
Access: Children welcome | Ski to door
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Ski / Boot Room
Entertainment: CD player | Cinema room | Computer | DVD Player | iPod Dock | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Sauna
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Rue de la Legettaz | Val d'Isere - Centre | 73150