This chalet oozes elegance and style, without losing anything in terms of comfort.
Luxurious furnishings, chic interior design and an ambience of warmth create the perfect haven, perched on the side of the Solaise Mountain. The chalet boasts ski in and ski out access so guests can maximise their time on the mountain.
This is a large chalet, ideal for hosting large groups or family gatherings. The spacious lounge is perfect for socialising. A highlight of the chalet is the large private terrace where you can hold fabulous BBQ's and enjoy drinks from the hand-crafted snow bar - perfectly chilled of course!
Floor to ceiling windows look out onto uninterrupted views of the Manchet Valley and Vanoise National Park.
For quieter evenings, there are 2 separate living areas, a large TV room, and a study. The chalet is equipped with Satellite TV, DVD, wireless DSL and PC.
Relaxation comes easy here, with 2 private hot tubs, sauna and a 18ft swim spa, as well as the trained hands of a professional physiotherapist.
The chalet can accommodate up to 20 in 10 en-suite bedrooms which are configured as follows:
- Bedroom 1 (Dornoch): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room and direct access to the terrace
- Bedroom 2 (Dunvegan): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room and private balcony
- Bedroom 3 (Ardgay): Master double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with a bath, separate shower and twin sinks. Direct access onto the main balcony.
- Bedroom 4 (Brodick): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room and access onto the main balcony
- Bedroom 5 (Brora): Double/twin room with en-suite shower room and access onto the main balcony
- Bedroom 6 (Cawdor): Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower and direct access onto the main balcony
- Bedroom 7 (Edzell): Master double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with a bath and separate shower and balcony access
- Bedroom 8 (Moniak): Double/twin room with en-suite bathroom with bath and shower and balcony access
- Bedroom 9 (Oykel): Double/twin room (under the eaves) with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 10 (Uist): Double/twin room (under the eaves) with en-suite bathroom
- Pre-arrival and in-resort concierge
- 7 nights accommodation
- Tea and coffee served in bed
- Cooked breakfast
- Afternoon tea
- Champagne and canapé receptions
- Gourmet evening meals (6 nights per week)
- Pre-arrival menu consultations
- In-resort chauffeur service from 08:00 - 02:00
- Carefully selected house wines
- Open bar including spirits and beers
- Scottish Fine Soaps bathroom products
This chalet is let on a catered basis and you can expect an exceptional experience. Services provided include tea or coffee in bed, breakfast cooked to order and afternoon tea daily, daily champagne receptions and canapés, open bar including spirits, fresh flowers and daily international newspapers and a 4-course evening meal (6 nights per week).
Find My Chef
Families & Kids
The chalet includes sledges, high chairs, cots, DVD’s and games meaning there is no need to travel with bulky child equipment. Their concierge team are also able to make childcare arrangements on your behalf so you can enjoy some time to yourselves.
Book My Childcare
You can book your airport transfers through the chalet company's concierge service and they will make all the arrangements on your behalf.
Book My Transfers
You can book all your ski and snowboard hire through the chalet company's concierge service. They can also arrange for an in-house chalet fitting service where a specialist ski and boot fitter will bring your equipment to the chalet on arrival.
Book My Ski Hire
Lifts & Passes
You’ll need to buy your own lift pass, when staying here. Lift passes can be booked online or bought in resort on arrival. There are many types of pass available, suited to different levels, length of stay and budget. It’s worth reading up on the options to get the most from your lift pass in summer & winter.
Also see: Ski Pass Options in Val d'Isere, France
Instructors & Lessons
You can book ski and snowboard lessons for your children through the chalet's concierge service. One to one tuition, group lessons and technical classes are all available to book for children from aged 3 and upwards
Book My Ski School
Guides & Tours
When staying here, you’ll need to book your own Guides & Tours, which are a great way to discover Val d'Isere whilst doing a number of fun activities. During the winter, if you are keen to go off-piste, booking a High Mountain Guide is strongly recommended. Not only do they know the best local spots, these highly trained and experienced individuals are very familiar with the surroundings and can provide loads of insights you won’t get by yourself, as well as helping to ensure your safety.
Book My Guide/Tour
With the in resort 4x4 chauffeur service from 08:00 to 02:00 you won't need to worry about the free local shuttles that are provided in the resort. You'll be able to have your pick of the lift stations in the morning, or simply ski straight from your door.
- "If you want the best of the best in the Alps.... then go to Chardon Mountain Lodges! I have now stayed in all of the chalets... everyone is superb! The staff, the facilities.. the food....... WOW! If you want the Best of the Best....... then you can only come here!! I've been going to the Alps for 30 years... and nowhere comes close in comparison!!" - Trip Advisor
- "Beautiful chalet, comfortable, not bling - exceptional service, particularly from Liz Parkin the Chalet Manager - nothing was too much trouble, she was available to contact even on her day off. Fantastic views, particularly from the lounge and the hot tub after a hard day's ski. Great food (credit to Viv) and all the in resort chauffeurs were extremely pleasant and helpful - particular thanks to Zaneik." - Trip Advisor
- "Nothing is too much of a problem with attention to detail all the way. Food excellent and able to cope with demanding last minute requests. Drivers fantastic as were the chalet staff. Outside bar and fire pit always a good source of conversation." - Trip Advisor
- "It is a pleasure to come home to and the difficult choice of whether to hit the hot tub first or tuck into some afternoon tea is the only complication. Of the 4 Chardon Chalets in the area, Le Chardon is the largest and most exclusive... For complete luxury in style, Le Chardon is hard to beat." - Hotique
- "You are made to feel most welcomed with cosy slippers being provided along with a glass of chilled Champagne and the most wonderful canapés... The food is amazing – scrumptious 5 course dinners each evening along with breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea which is also included during your stay... My trip to Le Chardon was inspirational and I would definitely recommend staying there this ski season." - Aluxurytravelblog
Val d'Isere centre is an array of lovely shops, restaurants, chalets, hotels and apartments. With beautiful views of the surrounding mountains this bustling village centre is nestled into the valley. Classic chalet style hotels and buildings constructed with stone and wood give the centre of Val d'isere a traditional and warm feel. The centre of Val d'Isere is where the heart of the resort lies and with the beautiful high street, lovely buildings and magnificent surrounding mountains it is easy to see why it remains a popular destination for many.
With an eclectic mix of restaurants to choose from in the centre of Val d'Isere there will be something to suit everyone's taste buds. Local French restaurants can be found dotted around the high street along with sushi restaurants, Italian restaurants and the more traditional Savoyard restaurants.
Book My Restaurant
The Vanoise National Park is accessible from Val d'Isere and is well worth a hike over to in the summer months. It's a protected area of natural beauty and you're sure to spot some of the local wildlife on your visit.
Things to Do Nearby
In the winter the centre of Val d'Isere is a buzzing and vibrant place to be. Boutique, designer and sports shops line the high street, restaurants and bars welcome guests from the cold outside and intricate ice sculptures can often be seen dotted around the pavements. With the regular bus services to and from the Rond Point giving access to both the Solaise and Bellevarde ski area, to La Daille and to Le Fornet you can hop on the bus and be at a ski area within minutes.
The summer welcomes beautiful sunshine, green trees and plenty to do. Mountain biking is a popular acitivity in the summer time with lift access from Val d'Isere to Tignes you can explore the various trails and routes the mountain has to offer. There are also several walking and hiking routes that you can do giving you the freedom to explore the mountains and their breathtaking secenery. Plenty of summer activities can be enjoyed that are perfect for families and groups; you can even jump in the car and in just a short drive over to Tignes indulge in a spot of summer skiing on the Glacier. The centre of Val d'Isere is much quieter in the summer but it still has a lot to offer. The sports centre is open all year round so there is access to the swimming pool and gym, as well as some of the sports shops and restaurants on the high street opening their doors.
Book My Things To Do
The centre of Val d'Isere has easy access to the Solaise and Olympique lifts which take you respectively towards the Pissaillas glacier or towards the linked ski area of Tignes - forming the huge Espace Killy ski area.
Also see: Ski Areas in Val d'Isere, France
There is a bustling nightlife scene in Val d'Isere, from lively bars and lounges at apres ski to nightclubs where you can dance until daylight. Whether you're looking for a more refined place to drink, or a dancing on tables kind of bar, there is literally something for everyone here!
Find My Bar
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Catering Basis: Catered
Property Style: Chalet
Run By: Agent/Operator
Vibe / Atmosphere: Chic | Traditional & Modern mix
Sleeps: Sleeps 20+
Bedrooms: 10 bedroom
Bookings For: Childcare / Babysitting | Concierge | Massage / Beauty Treatments | Ski / Snowboard Hire | Ski / Snowboard Lessons | Transfers
Catering: Half-board | Afternoon tea | Breakfast | Private Chef | Dinner
Transport: Chauffeur / Driver | Ski shuttle (complimentary)
Access: Children welcome | Ski to door
Room: Balcony | Open fire | Safe / Secure box | Ski / Boot Room
Entertainment: CD player | Cinema room | Computer | Drinks bar | DVD Player | iPod Dock | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Massage / Relaxation | Sauna | Pool (outdoor)
View: Mountain view
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Rue de la LegettazVal d'Isere - Centre |