Dougie Mill is a fully qualified ski instructor (BASI Level 4 International Ski Teacher Diploma) who has over 14 years experience and has spent the last 8 years teaching in Val d'Isere.
Having worked in the Espace Killy domain for a number of years he can show you all the best parts of the mountain, whether you are looking for the best piste, best mountain restaurant or where to find fresh powder for first tracks.
Dougie can take groups of up to 8 on-piste and up to 6 off-piste.
If you are looking for lessons, Dougie offers tuition in the below areas. This list, however, is not exhaustive so if you are looking for Handiski instruction or perhaps an introduction to ski-touring, please contact him directly.
- Children: Dougie has a lot of experience working with children of all levels and abilities. In order to keep them hooked on skiing, he aims to get the balance of fun and learning just right. He can run shorter taster sessions for very young children. He likes to make sure that your little skiers are safe so he does require children wear helmets.
- Beginners: Dougie eliminates the stress of trying a new sport by taking a supportive approach towards learning. He will create a framework to build upon, meaning nothing has to be 'unlearned' and his beginners are usually cruising the intermediate slopes by the end of the week.
- Intermediates: Using his experience of the Espace Killy area, he will find the most effective slopes to develop the technical points and skiing skills that will allow you to boldly go and explore new terrain after the lesson.
- Experts: Dougie skis most of the year and has come across almost every type of ski terrain and snow condition. He is happy to train experts at high speed, carving up miles of the mountain in one lesson. However, if your goal is more specific and you want to learn to ski moguls, cope with ice, ski steeper slopes or even train to become an instructor then he can help you achieve your objective.
- Race Training: Skiing through race gates is a great opportunity to develop your tactical approach to skiing as well as being a lot of fun! If you are a competent skier and want to try something different, Dougie can run recreational race training for all ages. With or without the gates!
- Off-Piste Skiing: Dougie's respect for the mountains will ensure safety and fun in the off-piste terrain. Learn how to use the safety equipment while he seeks out fresh tracks for you in their favourite playgrounds away from the pistes. Alternatively, if you want an even bigger adventure, get in touch with to discuss heli-skiing options.
- Maximum Group Size
- 6 person
- Family Friendly
- Languages Spoken
- Families & Kids
- Kids' lessons
- Handiski / Sit-Ski
- Ski Touring
- Summer Skiing
- Guides & Instructors
- Ski Guides
- Ski-Touring Guides
- Adult Lessons
- Childrens Lessons
- Freestyle/Freeride Lessons
- Group Lessons
- Handiski Lessons
- Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons
- Private Lessons
- Race Training / Coaching Lessons
- Ski Lessons
- Ski Touring Lessons
- Steep Skiing Lessons
- Open Seasons