The Development Centre or TDC ski, take a client centred approach into the stunning off-piste areas of Val d'isere and the Espace Killy ski domain.
Their coaches will take you to the best terrain and snow available and will provide individualised coaching to help you enjoy it more. From your first tracks in fresh snow to extreme steep and deep, they have the experienced instructors to take you there and help you do it better.
They run group sessions with a maximum of 6 people and you can choose between 3 half day sessions or 5 half days.
There are different off-piste clinics for different levels
- Off Piste Introduction: for those who have a good level on the piste but have little experience off the piste,.
- Off Piste Adventure: for those who are experienced in the off piste and want to explore off piste skiing further.
- Private Off piste: book an instructor for half a day, or a whole day and set the goals with your instructor. Maximum 6 people.
All instructors at TDCski are qualified to lead groups off piste in non-glacial terrain. Heli ski and ski touring activities are available on request.
For further details and booking, visit the website or contact the agents directly using the enquiry link on this page.
- "I skied one and a half days with Terry and it was great because he really understood where I am at with my skiing and what I want out of it. The time was very well suited towards helping me with this, and was one of the best (of many) I have had. Of course, because of this, I also really enjoyed myself!" - Trip Advisor
- "Really good three half days of off piste training with Terry. Lots of really important stuff to help my technique on and off piste. Great to do something other than just slamming the piste. Will def come back for more." - Trip Advisor
- "Having not skied off piste in Val d'Isere before my husband and I decided to book an afternoon with TDC to get a feel for the area, with an emphasis on guiding rather than a lesson. The online booking process was very simple and when we stopped in to say hello on arrival the lady working there was lovely and very helpful. Whilst there we decided to book a second afternoon, with an off piste lesson focus, for a friend's birthday gift and this was happily accommodated. We spent an excellent first afternoon off-piste with Ben who did an amazing job finding some fun and challenging runs despite fairly mediocre end of season conditions. Ben was great at considering the fact that my husband was on a board and really tailored the routes we took to minimise walking time for him. We both really appreciated his extensive knowledge and all the amazing advice he shared with us on snow conditions and avalanche risk. He gave me some great tips to improve my off piste technique and I particularly enjoyed the 'jam jar' analogy! On the second afternoon we were with Steve who was lovely and again super knowledgeable and accommodating. This time there were three of us, all on skis, with various levels of experience and comfort off piste. Steve managed to ensure that each of us had a fantastic time, challenging us all and making the afternoon a memorable experience for my friend's birthday. Despite shocking visibility and late in the season snow, Steve found some fantastic routes for us. We all came away from the afternoon feeling we had improved and took with us valuable tips and tricks to help us continue doing so. Overall, I cannot recommend the wonderful Ben and Steve highly enough. We are already looking forward to booking a weekend in with them next season. Thank you both for two fantastic afternoons!" - Trip Advisor
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre | Val d'Isere Valley
Level: Intermediate | Advanced
Typical Duration: Half day
Languages Spoken: English | French
Activities: Heli-Ski | Ski Touring | Skiing | Snowboarding
Guides & Instructors: Ski Guides | Ski-Touring Guides
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Snowboard Lessons | Steep Skiing Lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Val d'Isere - Centre | 73150