Like all of VIP Ski's management positions in the Alps, the job of an Executive Chef is extremely varied and complete flexibility is required for this role. Ultimately you will be responsible for maintaining the standard of catering throughout their entire programme.
The Executive Chefs are primarily based in Val d'Isère, Morzine or Meribel, but would be required to travel between their other resorts when necessary.
This is a highly demanding role and requires candidates to have previously worked in a chalet environment and have catering / chef experience. VIP Ski are looking for people who have a genuine enthusiasm for food, are committed to constantly improving quality and have experience of managing and motivating staff. A good understanding of French is advantageous and previous resort experience essential. Driving will invariably be a part of your duties and therefore you will need to have held a full clean driving licence for at least five years.
The specific tasks are too numerous to mention however your main responsibilities will fall under the following categories:
- Working closely with their Catering Advisor to organise the training courses to ensure all their staff receive thorough training
- Training new members of staff throughout the season
- Proactively visiting chalets during the week to provide support, advice and guidance to existing staff
- Ensuring that their exceptional standards of customer service are being met by all chalet staff
- Liaising with Chalet Managers and Resort Managers to identify and deal with any problems arising with chalet staff and the standards being offered
- Monitoring guest feedback with regards to catering and take any action required
- Redesign menus if required
- Receive information on chalet budgets, amend shopping lists and advise on stock levels where necessary
- Designing a menu and cooking in chalets where the Platinum service is offered
- Job Type
- Chef Job
- Managerial Role
- Languages Spoken