Lynn has been skiing in the European Alps for over 20 years as a skier, an athlete, a coach, an instructor and always for fun.
She enjoys working with clients of all ages whether they are complete beginners or competitive athletes, appreciating the variety that each lesson brings.
Lynn applies the skills learned from her racing career, as well as her varied ski teaching experience, numerous ski teaching qualifications and her Personal Training diploma in her teaching and coaching to get the most out of every skier.
Lynn offers lessons and coaching sessions designed around her client's individual needs but her range of lessons on offer includes:
- Beginners: A no-stress, supportive approach towards beginners means they are usually cruising the higher slopes by the end of the week with her.
- Intermediates: Using her experience of the Espace Killy, Lynn finds the right slopes to teach technical points and develops your skiing skills while being inspired by the panoramic views.
- Experts: She is equally happy using her race experience to train experts at high speed, carving up miles of the mountain in one lesson.
- Racing: Skiing through race gates is a great opportunity to develop your tactical approach to skiing as well as being a lot of fun! If you are a competent skier and want to try something different, Lynn runs recreational race training for all ages.
- Off-Piste Skiing: Her respect for the mountains will ensure safety and fun in off-piste terrain while she seeks out fresh tracks for you in her favourite playgrounds away from the pistes.
- All-terrain: Lynn skis most months of the year and has come across every type of ski terrain and conditions. So if your goal is more specific and you want to learn to ski moguls, cope with ice and ski steeper slopes.
- Instructor Training: Lynn is a qualified trainer and examiner for BASI. If you are interested in instructor training, please contact her directly.
- Children: Lynn has a lot of experience working with children and has great fun with them making sure she gets the balance of fun and learning just right to keep them hooked on skiing. Lynn won the UKCP Children's Coach of the Year in 2011 for her coaching of British teens but will teach children from the age of 3 upwards. Children are required to wear helmets.
As a private instructor, Lynn has the flexibility to tailor your session exactly to your needs and she likes to offer a more personal service – hourly rates, corporate lessons and other tailor made lesson schedules and prices are all available upon request.
Lynn represented Great Britain on the International race circuit as a member of the British Senior Ski Team for 5 years during which time she won 17 British titles including British Overall Ladies Champion. She went on to spend 4 years as the Head Coach of the British Ski Academy before completing her BASI ISTD and French Equivalence to move to instruct in Val d'Isere, which she has done for the past 4 years. She is also a trainer and examiner for the British Association of Snowsports Instructors. In the summer of 2017, she achieved her Adaptive Level 2 Instructor qualification and spend the summer coaching the British Parasnowsport Development team.
Lynn has a lot of experience working with children and has great fun with them making sure she gets the balance of fun and learning just right to keep them hooked on skiing. Lynn won the UKCP Children's Coach of the Year in 2011 for her coaching of British teens.
Lynn is also regularly involved in ski testing and has made various YouTube videos (see below) with the Ski Club of Great Britain. So if you are looking for information of the best skis in various categories currently available on the market check out the Ski Club's YouTube channel.
Finally, for those looking to do a spot of summer skiing, Lynn is able to provide instruction on the Tignes glacier during the summer season.
- “Lynn was a very patient and excellent teacher, we felt very safe with her and enjoyed her company. Had 3 lessons, should have had 4 then the absolute beginners would have had more confidence to go solo! Sue regained her confidence after a long break from skiing. Thank you.” - Customer Feedback
- “We first met Lynn in 2011, when our children were 4 yrs old and she taught them for a week. We have twin girls with very different characters and approaches to skiing and they have now skied with Lynn every season since. She has brought them from snow lovers to ski lovers who at the age of nine are now challenging their parents on the slopes and actively want to ski with Lynn every time we go. Lynn has been a true inspiration to our children and taught them basic technique all the way to full mountain awareness and understanding. More than this, we have as parents also skied with and learnt from Lynn (the kids can't have it all!) and so our afternoons have seen my tentative wife gain exceptional confidence on her skis. Lynn has also pushed me (nicely) beyond my lazy comfortable skiing to proper full on ski. I cannot recommend Lynn highly enough - she is awesome and we all love her (but please don't book her when we are in Valdisere!!" - Trip Advisor
- “Brilliant 5 days of lessons from Lynne. Really improved our skiing. She was a great teacher. Would definitely book again” - Customer Feedback
- “We booked Lynn for 4 morning lessons over a week for 2 x 3 1/2 years olds and 1 x 4 years old. Between them they had a brilliant time, and importantly all 3 of them were able to ski, brake and turn by the end of the week. The children loved Lynn and haven't stopped talking about her. As a parent we all felt very safe and secure with Lynn and loved her message updates each night about their respective progress. I would recommend Lynn in a heartbeat and the kids can't wait to see her next year - we will be booking again for sure..” - Trip Advisor
- "Last night Lynn, one of the trainers was running a video session where about 50 of us were in the bar watching what she filmed earlier that day. For over half the people they’d never seen themselves skiing on film before let alone skiing around giant slalom gates before. It was a situation that could have been really uncomfortable and nerve racking but it wasn’t. Lynn’s approach was really simple, as someone appeared on the screen she paused the footage and asked what they’d been working on through the day, she then ran through the footage pointing out where they’d done it well and in some cases showing them how they could do it better whilst in other cases encouraging them to keep doing it. When my turn came along, she asked what I was working on we watched the film and she picked out 3 turns where I’d got it spot on and she made sure that I knew why those turns had worked. She didn’t beat me up for the 17 turns I didn’t get right and all the other errors I was making. I left feeling good about my skiing and wanting to get more turns right the next day." - Ben Hunt-Davis - Skiing & Successful Coaching - 2012
Lynn teaches children from 3 years upwards and all children are required to wear a helmet.
Location: Val d'Isere - Centre
Max Group Size: 6 person
Languages Spoken: English
Activities: Skiing | Summer Skiing
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Freestyle/Freeride Lessons | Group Lessons | Instructor Courses | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Race Training / Coaching Lessons | Ski Lessons | Steep Skiing Lessons
Families & Kids: Kids' lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter