Good news for ski racing fans, since there has been so little snow in Beaver Creek and plenty in France, some of the early season FIS ski races have had to be moved to Val d'Isere.
Ski resorts in North America have been suffering with unseasonably warm conditions which means that there's been a real lack of snow in resorts which would normally be enjoying a good start to the season. Thankfully the snow has arrived in droves in Val d'Isere and the start of our season is looking incredibly good.
As a result of this the Downhill, Super-G and Giant Slalom races have had to be moved from Beaver Creek to Val d'Isere and will now be taking place on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th December 2016.
The December race programme in Val d'Isere now looks like this:
- 2nd December 2016: Men’s Super-G (new)
- 3rd December 2016: Men’s Downhill (new)
- 4th December 2016: Men’s Giant Slalom (new)
- 10th December 2016: Men’s Giant Slalom
- 11th December 2016: Men’s Slalom
- 16th December 2016: Ladies’ Alpine Combined
- 17th December 2016: Ladies’ Downhill
- 18th December 2016: Ladies’ Super-G
Head to the OK piste on any of these dates to watch all the action unfold. Find it on the piste map.